lauantai 25. kesäkuuta 2016

Step-by-Step of The Genealogist Fox



Here are some progress photos of the painting of the Fox who is reading about the antics of his or her ancestors. The book in the lap of the Fox is called Folk Tales, and the little caption I added means "Grandpa sure was a trickster". In Finnish folk tales the Fox is usually the trickster, fooling the Bear and the Wolf. 



Here are the early layers. I used soft layers of raw and burnt sienna for the background, light cadmium yellow for the light, mix of reds for the chair and some cadmium orange and the siennas for the Fox.


I used burnt sienna and burnt umber for more shading and shaping.


I painted the book of tales green and defined the shadows around the chair. 


The finishing touches were made using burnt umber for the lettering on the book and penciling in the caption and my signature. 

Thank you for reading!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti